5 Summer Campsites Handpicked by Tiffin Owners
We asked Tiffin owners to share their favorite summer campsites with us on our Facebook page, and here are the top five.
Bluewater Key RV Resort, Florida Keys
Tiffin owners enjoy renting their own slice of heaven at the Bluewater Key Resort located in the Florida Keys. Sites average 35 feet wide and are 80 feet deep (or larger). Many sites are adorned with lush tropical landscaping, tiki huts, TVs, refrigerators, and outdoor furniture, among other amenities.
Choose between “Bay Front" or “Canal" sites - most with private docks. The “Tropical lots" come with 25-foot boat slips available for rent at a daily rate.
- Dog Park
- Large private lots and private docks
- Free WiFi
- Public showers and restroom
- Laundry facility
- HD Cable
- Full hook-ups with 30 and 50 amp service
- Temperature controlled fresh-water pool
- Curbside trash and recycling pick-up
- Propane exchange
Disney's Fort Wilderness, Orlando, Florida
Are you aware of the best-kept secret located at the happiest place on earth? Covering more than 750 acres of woodland, Fort Wilderness RV Park is a hidden gem - offering 409 wood cabins as well as RV hook-ups and campsites.
Of the 788 campsites, there are four categories: Premium, Preferred, Full Hook-Up, and Partial Hook-Up.
Premium are the largest at around 24 feet wide and up to 60 feet deep. They are best able to accommodate RVs over 45 feet and come with hookups for electricity (30/50 amp), water, sewer, and cable TV. Internet is available for an additional fee.
Preferred sites have upgraded amenities as well as electricity, water, sewer, cable, and Internet access.
Full Hook-up sites have electricity, water, cable, Internet access, and sewer.
Partial Hook-up sites come with water and electricity.
- Pets allowed on Disney resort property
- 15 comfort stations that have showers, restrooms, ice machines, and laundry rooms
- Parking for one additional vehicle
- Golf cart rentals
- Bus and boat transportation
- Two heated swimming pools
- Tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts
- Fishing, parasailing, water skiing, and water craft rental available on Bay Lake
- Shuffleboard and horseshoes
- Free Wilderness petting zoo
- Pony and trail rides
- Two restaurants, two dinner shows, and a snack bar
De Moines West KOA, Winterset Iowa
If you're looking for a family friendly campsite, look no farther than Des Moines West KOA. Located in Winterset, birthplace of John Wayne, the rural park is a quick mile and a half north of I-80 off exit 106, situated between charming farmland, and offering quick pull-through/full hook-up RV sites. The site features 2 two dog parks, trampoline basketball, a heated pool, paddle boats, sand volleyball, peddle cart rentals, a private stocked fishing pond, and more, sure to satisfy all age ranges.
- Pet Friendly
- 75-foot maximum length
- 50 max amp
- Cable TV
- Firewood, propane, snacks, and bike rentals available for purchase
Camp Gulf, Destin, Florida
Camp Gulf Destin is a great campground for snowbirds or "glampers" who want a beachfront view. Each of their four site options are 20-feet wide, suitable for all size rigs, and equipped with water and electric.
Choose which option best suits your needs:
Beachfront sites allow you to plant your toes in the sugar sand and watch the waves just outside your door.
Beach RV sites are one row back and include full hook-ups.
Upper Park RV sites include full hook-ups and are conveniently located near the pools, laundry facilities, and activity center.
Farthest from the beach are the North Upper Park RV sites. They're a quick walk to the ocean and conveniently located near the camp store, office, and pool.
- No Pets
- 200 RV sites
- Cable TV including SEC channel
- Commercially equipped laundry facility
- Golf carts, segways, yolo boards, boat storage, and other rentals available
- Propane available for purchase
- Activity center
- Camp store & gift shop
Buckhorn Lake, Kerrville, Texas
Kerrville, located in Texas Hill Country, is home to premier RV park, the Buckhorn Lake Resort. Located conveniently off of I-10, the resort is a short drive to Bandera, Luckenbach, and a few other Texas towns you've heard classic country troubadors croon about. You can reach San Antonio or Austin in roughly an hour.
- Enclosed dog park
- Laundry facilities
- 30/50 amp service
- Free WiFi
- Free local calls
- Exercise/fitness center
- Cable TV
- Swimming pools and whirlpool spas
- Basketball and tennis courts
- Adults-only section
- Fishing in stocked ponds—no license required (catch & release only)